Thursday

Tree Story: My Clean Car Nemesis



My Clean Car Nemesis
Drawing by Shawn R.
Deodar Cedar (Cedrus deodara)
West Los Angeles, CA
Image by Dan Shepherd, 2011

When Shawn heard about my Draw Me A Tree Project he told me he didn't have a tree that he loved but he had a tree he would shake his fist at and wished was chopped down. A tree that elicits that much passion needed to be documented. So, we visited a big Deodara Cedar in the front yard of a house he used to live in. He told me how maddening it was when it always dripped on their car when they parked in their drive way. This is LA and parking is always at a premium and cars are king so I am sure you can empathize when the tree becomes your constant clean car nemesis. Shawn scratched out his drawing with the same hand shaking zeal the tree deserved.

Click here to see more images from this series.


View My Clean Car Nemesis in a larger map


No comments:

Post a Comment